The Ocean Club at Grande Dunes
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Ocean Club Director
The Ocean Club at Grande Dunes is a private, ocean front club available exclusively to members and residents of the Grande Dunes community. It includes a dining room and bar, banquet facilities, three outdoor seasonal pools, with food and beverages, and a private beach.
We are looking for an individual who understands that it is our team making the difference between just a good private club and an incredible experience. We seek a passionate and highly motivated professional, someone who always views their work in a positive manner and enjoys making each moment special and memorable for Residents/Members. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your energy, enthusiasm, and responsible management style to our established, busy, private Ocean Club and ensure the highest level of service is always offered to the membership.
- Bring authority and excellent management skills to a very complicated business entity.
- Oversee daily operations of multiple outlets including regular dining services, Grande Dunes lifestyle events, pool and beach area, and private parties, focusing on the balance between profitability and exceptional service.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to schedule and monitor within labor budgets and adjust as necessary to achieve financial goals.
- Ability to develop and implement on-going marketing programs to help increase dining room revenues. Use creativity to increase facility usage and explore prospective new markets.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, motivate and develop front of house staff (servers, bartenders, food runners and bussers) while maintaining a cohesive team.
- Recommend employee status changes as needed, and responsible for timely completion of appropriate paperwork (pay rates, job changes, tip share).
- Responsible for coding and submitting vendor invoices on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all team members receive proper training and perform ongoing staff training.
- Collaborate with team to create, promote, and execute events; direct pre-meal/event meetings with dining room personnel regarding pertinent information to ensure proper service
- Provide excellent customer service to residents/members, clients, and guests – including regular interaction with them.
- Analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner while exercising good judgement and creative problem solving.
- Enforce and embody private club standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate monthly liquor, wine and beer inventories for all OC outlets.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Superior verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Education and/or Experience, College Degree in Hospitality Management preferred, but not necessary.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management in private club management.
- Prior experience in private club setting a plus; or hotel/restaurant with a thorough understanding of such operations.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills are essential (Word, Excel, Outlook, Caterease Software)
- Alcohol awareness certification a plus.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours at a time, and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions throughout shift, both indoors and outdoors, with varying weather conditions.
- Must be flexible to working days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Shifts may vary based on business needs.
Salary/Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, to include a competitive base plus bonus.
Benefits: Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k match, paid time off
Please submit your resume with cover letter to Rachel@lvnt.com
|Job Category||Ocean Club|